Friday, August 15, 2008

A Licence To Read James Bond

My literary related posts have so far primarily been concerned with the novel of John Gardner. In case anybody had the impression that this was because I preferred Gardner to Fleming, let me just say that this is not the case. The Gardner focus is because I just happen to be working my way through some of Gardner's books at the moment.

If you wish to read some articles about Ian Fleming, allow me to direct you to the 'Licence to Read' series of articles of www.ajb007.co.uk . These articles, written between myself and fellow literary Bond fan Jason Disley, will attempt to cover all of the James Bond novels written to date in the order they were published. The latest article concerns Ian Fleming's final novel The Man With The Golden Gun.
http://www.ajb007.co.uk/articles/a-licence-to-read-tmwtgg/

The next book to be examined will be Ian Fleming's second short story collection, Octopussy and The Living Daylights. After this the series will begin with continuation novels starting with Colonel Sun, so keep an eye on ajb007 to catch these article when they appear!

No comments: